Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cheddar Meat Loaf

This is Kenny's all time favorite; he always asks for this. He hasn't had it for quite a while though seeing as how I have few days when I feel up to cooking. We usually have twice baked potatoes with this meal. I hope you enjoy!

1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. quick oats
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt

1 lb. ground beef

2/3 c. ketchup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. mustard




In a bowl beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion powder, & salt. Add the beef and mix well. Shape into 2 loaves and place in greased baking dishes.(I usually only make one loaf and cook it a little longer) Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 fr 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.

1 comments:

Stecky said...

Sounds yummy, I will have to try this!