Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hurray I win, I was first

Here is my recipe. The family loves it. Let me know if you like also!
Melinda’s Cheddar Chicken Casserole


1 ½ lb chicken breast
3 c. cooked angel hair noodles
3 green onions chopped
½ pkg. cashews
3 celery stalks chopped with tops on
2 cans cream of chicken soup
¾ c. crushed cheddar cheese crackers
¼ - 1/3 lb grated cheddar cheese

Simmer chicken, green onions and celery until tender. (25 minutes). Strain-reserving broth.
In 9X13 pan, layer noodles, cheese, chicken, nuts. Combine 2/3 c broth with soup. (I sometimes add a little more broth so it covers better.) Pour over top and add crackers. Bake uncovered 350* for 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We like to use bow tie pasta instead of the angel hair noodles, just FYI. :)

LaceyLindysay said...

I love this meal. It is one of my favorites!

Morgan said...

This is Kenny's all time favorite. He requests it quite often. It is so yummy!

Snow's said...

k I don't know how to post on this blog so i'm adding my recipe as a comment. It's Chad and my favorite fruit salad.

Dixie salad

apples slices/cubed
green and red grapes halved
banana slices
small marshmallows
pomegranet (the dixie)
coolwhip (the glue)

add as much as you want of each